Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Power of the Positive Woman

Hi all,

Hope everyone's final week has been going well, only a few more days left!

I just wanted to share a book that is on my reading list that we read a brief excerpt from in class.

The book's title is Power of the Positive Woman and it was written by Phyllis Schlafly, one of of the most infamous activists of the modern women's movement.

I wrote about her for my final essay and was intrigued by why she chose her ideologies and what she believed in. Although many of her arguments may have been controversial, I found out that she did strive to protect women who felt threatened by the liberation movement. She worked actively as well to help protect the choices of mothers, who truly wanted to be mothers. Perhaps these might be a few of her efforts as an activist that should not be completely disregarded.

She wrote a book called Power of the Positive Woman, where she embraces motherhood. Although her arguments depend on my faulty assumptions and gaping generalizations, I am sure that her book is an interesting read!

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Positive-Woman-Phyllis-Schlafly/dp/0515058408

No comments:

Post a Comment