Sunday, December 4, 2016

NY Times Article Discusses What Hillary's Campaign and Concession Speech Mean for Women Everywhere

I actually came across this article right after the election and thought it was a really interesting discussion of the outcome. I particularly found it interesting that she discussed how Clinton played by the rules. That seems to be a big problem for women in positions of power, that they feel they have to play by the rules in order to maintain their status and look like they are not causing any trouble. I really liked that they took the quote from Clinton's childhood friend and unpacked it, because, at least for me, I was troubled by the quote at first, but with more discussion, she was right and in addition, the quote and discussion of it show how belittled women are even when they are in positions of power.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/opinion/girls-can-be-anything-just-not-president.html?_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment